Sunday, September 18, 2011

You're Welcome


Seriously. You're welcome.

I'm not going to bullshit you and I don't think you're stupid.

Unlike other fashion blogs and sites, I don't have advertisers to suck up to. I'm not in the business of appeasing celebrities. And I'm not going to try to push various idiotic trends on you, the reader, to turn you into someone else's zombified consumer.

Why do I think so highly of you? Because you're taking time out of your life to read my blog. If it wasn't for you, I would simply be writing to myself. If it wasn't for you, this would be a diary instead of a blog. So, aside of me, you readers are the only people who matter here. This blog exists solely to entertain and educate both the readers and myself. It's for us. Not them.

I'm a fashion student whose studied at the prestigious Academy of Art University, with a major in fashion design and later fashion journalism. My instructors were real fashion professionals who really work in the various fashion areas they concentrate in. At AAU, I received an amazing education and I fully intend to put that education to work here, on this blog.

In other words, I'm the best of both worlds. I'm highly educated in fashion by the experts. But I'm also underground. Not only do I know shit, but unlike other fashion journalists, I don't have to write what the advertisers and publishers want. Unlike other fashion journalists, I can say what I want to say. And, believe me: I will say what I want to say.

And there's more than that. In the comments, YOU can say what YOU want to say. As long as you're not hate-mongering, spamming, or anything else horrible, chatter away. I love to read what others have to say and I encourage dialogue -- even if you disagree with me!

With all that said, I expect by now you're thanking me; you're thanking me for treating you with respect, intelligence, and a predisposed admiration. You're thanking me for not caving to fashion's version of The Man. Most of all, you're probably thanking me for being awesome.

But if you're not thanking me by now? Then you're probably a person I don't wish to associate with anyway. And I will stick my tongue out at you. Right now.

But more than all of this, I want to thank anyone who supports me in the coming days, weeks, years, while building this blog. Know that I'm all appreciation.


Much love,
Your champion in gladiator heels,
Carrie



No comments:

Post a Comment